When it comes to dental hygiene, we have the very best technology around.
Developed in Switzerland, Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) replaces conventional scaling techniques for a faster, more comfortable and effective hygiene experience.
GBT targets the invisible film of bacteria (biofilm) in the mouth with gentle but powerful Airflow® technology. The innovative spray technology allows for a powerful treatment, dramatically cleaning and polishing your teeth, reaching all those hard-to-reach areas whilst remaining extremely gentle and minimally abrasive.
8 Steps of Airflow® with GBT
- Assess – we begin by assessing your tooth and gum health, checking for any signs of gum disease.
- Disclose – biofilm is made visible by disclosing it with a dye. This highlights any areas of biofilm build-up, indicating problem areas and guiding your hygienist for a targeted, thorough clean.
- Motivate – we will be able to visually show you any areas you are missing when cleaning at home and give tailored oral hygiene advice to maximise the effectiveness of your at-home care.
- Airflow® – Regulated warm water, compressed air and very fine powder particles (erythritol) are used to effectively and gently remove the now visible biofilm from the teeth. A whole mouth clean of all soft tissues, gums, and the tongue can be safely carried out using Airflow®.
- Perioflow® – additional gentle and thorough cleaning into deeper periodontal pockets in patients with more advanced gum disease.
- Piezon® – Targeted, painless cleaning using the Piezon® ultrasonic scaler to remove any remaining calculus (hardened plaque).
- Quality Control – Final check to ensure all biofilm, staining and calculus has been completely removed.
- Recall – Opportunity for any questions and final at-home recommendations from us. We will recommend when you should schedule your next appointment based on your individual needs.