- Quick way to replace missing teeth.
- Help to spread the pressure of your bite.
- Improve function as more to chew with.
- Prevent movement of adjacent teeth.
- Face shape is restored and maintained.
- Speech and pronunciation can be improved.
Dental bridges are where we use the teeth on either side of the missing tooth to create a restoration that bridges the gap.
They are commonly made of ceramic, metal or porcelain. Our ceramicist can make these look extremely natural so no one would ever know!
What are the benefits of bridges?
How does the bridge fit into my mouth?
The teeth on either side of your space will be prepared for a dental crown. Your dentist will then take a digital scan of your mouth, and the dental technician will fabricate your bridge. The bridge is then cemented using dental-specific cement.
What advantage does a bridge have over an implant?
Dental bridges are quicker, easier, and do not require surgery. Implants take up to 6 months to heal, whereas dental bridges are ready immediately. Some people may be better candidates for a bridge than they are for a dental implant due to jawbone density problems.