After drying and isolating the teeth, we wash them multiple times with a special gel which prepares the teeth for the ICON treatment. We then paint the ICON liquid over the teeth and let the resin infiltrate.
ICON treatment is a revolutionary non-invasive approach to improve the appearance of teeth – removing white’s spots or a mottled appearance.
It removes marks (white or brown), making teeth a uniform colour without covering the tooth’s natural surface. What’s more, it doesn’t use any drilling or injections. We normally advise undertaking a course of teeth whitening first to brighten the overall tooth colour. This can be discussed further with you at your consultation.
What happens at the appointment?
What are the benefits?
- Restore uniformity to white-spotted or mottled teeth.
- Boost your confidence in your smile.
- Done in one sitting.
- Minimally invasive.
- Simple and painless.
- No recovery time – as no drilling or filling is required.
- Reliable results.
- Safe to use.
What causes white marks?
- Trauma or illness as a child.
- Fluorosis – when too much fluoride is consumed as a child when adult teeth are developing.
- Decalcification of the enamel.
- Problems or illness during pregnancy/premature birth.
- Health conditions such as Coeliac Disease, Acid Reflux and Tetracycline.